Tuesday, June 14, 2016

MOLD FOUND DURING KITCHEN UPGRADE






#00101686293 Mold Assurant CHH023489301
American Security Insurance Co

OCWEN / Deutsche Bank Trustee
On Monday night 6/13/16 we had our first hot meal since Thursday last week and slept well last night. Assurant / American Security Insurance Company does not help with emergency situations on the weekends, so we had a very difficult and long weekend. My son became very ill on Saturday.





My autistic son James is still suffering from fatigue and has not touched his breakfast yet. He brought some of his toys from home and has been staying in bed most of the day since Saturday. When he does get up, he walks slowly and gets tired fast and asks to go back to bed soon after getting up. 

He ate well last night. 




Upstairs, near where James plays with his alphabet blocks on the carpet is an area I reported years ago. I was told it was nothing but in light of my son's "mystery illness", I think it needs to be looked at again. (Update: It was tested and is a live mold colony that will have to be removed).



I also, for years expressed concern about the HOA overwatering the lawns and side yards. I am responsible for the back yard. I seldom water the backyard and yet it is very moldy. I am concerned that the front and side of the home may have water damage/mold. (Update: An active mold colony was found by the front door where the only water source is the lawn sprinklers controlled by the HOA).

I was told over and over that there was nothing to worry about. Samples have been taken and mold has been confirmed.





I may have photos of the kitchen mold (see above photo) that the insurance rep did not take. His primary concern seemed to be that all original cabinet drawers and doors be saved and re-used. He said he felt it was safe for James to stay in the home with this mold but he did not take any samples or say why he felt James didn't need to stay in the hotel. 







The insurance reps were not concerned about the possible upstairs mold years ago either. They though the plumber's repair was good enough then. I said cosmetically it might be ok, but under it might be mold. I don't allow my son to use that bathroom. He uses the master bathroom upstairs off my room. Yesterday while I was taking photos to show you from that bathroom, I saw evidence of termites behind the toilet. I'm going to get an inspection by a company that uses orange oil. My son is too ill to deal with exposure to poisons.



















Bathroom near where James plays with alphabet blocks on the carpet:






No comments:

Post a Comment